Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Nightwing Vol. 1: Better Than Batman Download UPDATED

Nightwing Vol. 1: Better Than Batman Download

Open Preview

See a Problem?

We'd love your assist. Allow usa know what's wrong with this preview of Nightwing, Vol. i by Tim Seeley.

Thanks for telling u.s.a. well-nigh the problem.

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, delight sign up.

Community Reviews

 · 2,534 ratings  · 300 reviews
Commencement your review of Nightwing, Vol. 1: Better Than Batman
Anne
Jun 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Better Than Batman?
Well, yeah. Just that may exist considering I'1000 not interested in Batman's solo stuff.

description

But this was ok. I didn't hate it, but information technology took me a few days to read through it. Now, I've been super decorated with stuff lately, and then maybe that had something to do with it, but honestly, I think it was considering I never really got sucked into the plot.

description

I do love Nightwing, though. And I thought Seeley did a corking job capturing the character's essence. He's not a broody, night, knockoff of Bruce Wayne, and I l

Better Than Batman?
Well, yes. But that may be because I'thou not interested in Batman's solo stuff.

description

Just this was ok. I didn't hate it, but it took me a few days to read through it. At present, I've been super busy with stuff lately, so maybe that had something to do with it, just honestly, I recollect it was because I never really got sucked into the plot.

description

I practice beloved Nightwing, though. And I idea Seeley did a great job capturing the graphic symbol'due south essence. He's non a broody, nighttime, knockoff of Bruce Wayne, and I liked that the author highlighted that as the real difference betwixt the two men.
Plus, I idea it was cute that he and Babs were trying to continue a date...

description

I'm not as bowled over as some of my friends, merely I'll definitely keep reading this title to run across where information technology goes.

...more
Sam Quixote
Feb 06, 2017 rated it did non like information technology
Nightwing is the worst Rebirth title I've read so far. I don't know how Tim Seeley's made the charismatic former sidekick of Batman and then charmless, uninteresting and soul-crushingly wearisome but he's done it! What a garbage writer.

This book picks upwards where the New 52 Grayson series concluded so I was lost immediately every bit I haven't been reading that title (I stopped subsequently the terrible kickoff book, also written past Seeley). Dick stops beingness Amanuensis 37 of Spyral and becomes Nightwing again for a crap reason t

Nightwing is the worst Rebirth championship I've read so far. I don't know how Tim Seeley's made the charismatic old sidekick of Batman so charmless, uninteresting and soul-crushingly tiresome just he's done it! What a garbage writer.

This volume picks up where the New 52 Grayson series ended then I was lost immediately every bit I haven't been reading that title (I stopped after the terrible showtime volume, also written by Seeley). Dick stops being Agent 37 of Spyral and becomes Nightwing over again for a crap reason then tries to bring downward an offshoot of the Court of Owls, the Parliament of Owls, with a cheap Batman knockoff partner called Raptor. How? By stealing the plans of a labyrinth... or something?! Christ, it'due south awful.

The lack of annihilation vaguely resembling a articulate, compelling plot made this then maddeningly dull. Seeley's got Dick running around everywhere but who the fuck can follow what'due south going on or why - that'southward how sloppy his writing is. Someone in the Parliament turns into an bodily monster, Raptor is Dick's enemy then his buddy then back again (it doesn't matter), Dick's sorta dating Batgirl, Raptor's unnecessarily continued to Dick's ma, and all this nonsense that adds up to nix. I kept putting it down because I couldn't read more than a few pages at a time it was so dull and stupid.

I could become on but I'd but be repeating the same affair: this was a badly-written sleeping assistance that'south non worth the effort of struggling through. I like Dick Grayson and I desire to read a great Nightwing comic but Tim Seeley hasn't got the talent to give united states of america that. "Better Than Batman"? HA! It's not even better than explosive diarrhea!

...more
Chad
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
I'one thousand glad to see Dick Grayson back every bit Nightwing. Unfortunately, one of the writers from Grayson (Tim Seeley) came with him. Dick is written so blandly, at that place'due south nothing interesting about him. The only thing he has is the occasional meetup with Batgirl. The fine art is generic with drab coloring. Raptor has 1 of the worst designed costumes I've ever seen. He looks like a mod 24-hour interval version of Wild Dog with that stupid velcroed on mask. There's no fashion he could fight in that thing with the coat that com I'm glad to come across Dick Grayson back as Nightwing. Unfortunately, one of the writers from Grayson (Tim Seeley) came with him. Dick is written so blandly, in that location'southward nothing interesting about him. The just thing he has is the occasional meetup with Batgirl. The fine art is generic with drab coloring. Raptor has i of the worst designed costumes I've ever seen. He looks like a modern day version of Wild Dog with that stupid velcroed on mask. There's no mode he could fight in that thing with the glaze that comes down around his thighs and cinched. Nightwing was at his all-time when Kyle Higgins or Chuck Dixon was writing him. I'd love to encounter i of them come back and set Nightwing on an interesting path.

Received an advance copy from NetGalley and DC in exchange for an honest review.

...more
Lyn
The New 52 is no more and creative teams spread out from the DC fortress to build the Rebirth universe.

Tim Seeley, Javier Fernandez and team tackle the Dick Grayson quandary: he's been Robin, Nightwing and a super spy, so now that the world has changed and we need to behave on, what now?

Dick is now doing some undercover work against the Parliament of Owls, an organization built on the idea of global elitism, and he is partnered up with a mysterious mercenary calling himself Raptor.

Meeting the vet

The New 52 is no more than and creative teams spread out from the DC fortress to build the Rebirth universe.

Tim Seeley, Javier Fernandez and team tackle the Dick Grayson quandary: he's been Robin, Nightwing and a super spy, so now that the world has changed and we need to carry on, what at present?

Dick is now doing some undercover work against the Parliament of Owls, an organization built on the thought of global elitism, and he is partnered up with a mysterious mercenary calling himself Raptor.

Meeting the veteran soldier of fortune in Moscow for a task, Nightwing chop-chop discovers there is more to his new partner than he expected, and Raptor is as quick to remind the younger hero that he's not Batman and this new mentor has some valuable life lessons to impart.

In this mode, Seeley (author of Revival and Grayson series) makes this graphic novel (collecting the start few issues of Nightwing Rebirth) work so well. By showing Raptor to be a shadow image of Batman, a instructor with a decidedly different tutorial, he makes the story nigh Nightwing all the more highly-seasoned. Early on I was ambivalent most this novel, but Raptor made it so much ameliorate.

Dainty work by a talented squad of artists.

description

...more
Chelsea 🏳️‍🌈
"I owe information technology to my mom and dad to face fright with a smile. And I try to pay Bruce Wayne back by doing for others what he did for me. Past existence their net. By communicable them before they hit the ground."

Let's become into what was good about this series:
- Emphasized Dick'southward Romani heritage
- I enjoyed the scenes with Bruce and Damian. All 12 panels.
- I liked Dick'southward costume.

Allow's become into what was 'meh' near this series:
- not my favorite art
- this revolves around the Parliament of Owls
- Damian's dialogue re

"I owe it to my mom and dad to face fear with a grinning. And I try to pay Bruce Wayne back by doing for others what he did for me. Past being their net. Past catching them earlier they striking the footing."

Let's get into what was good nigh this serial:
- Emphasized Dick'due south Romani heritage
- I enjoyed the scenes with Bruce and Damian. All 12 panels.
- I liked Dick's costume.

Permit'southward go into what was 'meh' about this series:
- not my favorite art
- this revolves around the Parliament of Owls
- Damian's dialogue reads like Seeley stole some lines from his Draco Malfoy fanfic.

Let'due south get into what was bad about this serial:
- Raptor I don't retrieve I've ever been so apathetic nearly a character'due south existence. In that location's a point where Babs says that Dick's giving his faults a pass because he'south "charming and funny". When? When was he ever either of those things? He'south just here. He left no impression on me whatsoever and his ties to Dick's past were and then manufactured for the endeavour to make his part in this story mean more.
- Parliament of Owls: I wasn't the biggest fan of Scott Snyder's Courtroom of Owls story arc but at to the lowest degree the Owls were better written. Hither, Seeley acts like we wouldn't know the Owls were evil so there's literally a part where they talk about eating food picked by "state of war orphans" or something of the sort. Seriously? That'south the indicate nosotros've come to?
-Maze Guy's strategy: Random bated merely this guy congenital a maze to protect himself. Makes sense except Raptor says he congenital it and then that at that place would be no trouble getting into the house; just trouble escaping information technology. How does that make sense? Permit's not make it hard to get in and murder me. I'll simply make sure yous can't leave my house after doing it?
- Babs: I've said information technology before and I'll say it again - I freaking hate Rebirth/Burnside Babs. She's not the Batgirl I fell in honey with and I don't know why she's here. She basically exists to flirt with Dick a few times, get stood upwards and so care for him similar garbage for doing his task. In that location's a point where she yells at him for something she also could accept prevented and it made no sense! I know people hate the New 52 just Gail'southward run was the last time I found Babs enjoyable. *sighs*
- Activeness: The activeness sequences weren't specially interesting
- Dick: Dick was not his usual, charming cocky. I've seen people blame this on Seeley merely I actually really liked the Grayson serial. It wasn't always engaging just I never had a complaint about Dick'southward personality in those books. He was ambrosial, charming and made the cutest, cheesy puns of any character I've read. I love him in Grayson and this volume read similar someone forgot to inject some life into the character.

Look, I admire Batwoman, Super Sons and Detective Comics. That being said, my two all time favorite DC characters, Dick and Cassandra Cain, take gotten the short end of the stick in this Rebirth trend. Cass lost all of her development from the pre 52 series and I oasis't read a great Rebirth! Dick Grayson comic nevertheless. I know people detest the New 52 but at to the lowest degree it gave me a Nightwing comic I constitute readable.

ane incredibly disappointed star.

...more than
James DeSantis
Talk near getting better equally you go on. I wasn't feeling the rebirth event or issue ane-two merely man, three kicked it upward, and 4, vii, and 8 are all really skillful. I really enjoyed this second half a lot.

So that makes information technology but good, because the whole thing could have been amazing if they focused more. The start feels derisive, trying to be funny, instead of coming off easy. Lines that make me cringe throughout are all in the first few problems. One time nosotros get downwardly to it, to the past, to Nightwing and Raptor'southward rel

Talk about getting better every bit you go along. I wasn't feeling the rebirth upshot or issue ane-2 but man, 3 kicked it upwards, and 4, 7, and 8 are all really good. I really enjoyed this 2nd half a lot.

So that makes it just good, considering the whole affair could have been amazing if they focused more than. The start feels cheeky, trying to be funny, instead of coming off like shooting fish in a barrel. Lines that make me cringe throughout are all in the showtime few issues. Once we get down to it, to the by, to Nightwing and Raptor's human relationship, it gets so damn intense and good.

I'd recommend reading all the way through to really go the emotional weight of information technology all. Some great cease upwardly moments and the last two issues in particular requite me a lot of hope for the growth of our favorite side hero. I just hope it keeps upward with the quality!

...more than
Sesana
Jan 30, 2017 rated it liked it
I admit that I bailed on Grayson part way through the series, so I'thousand not entirely sure how Dick got to where he is. The truth is that I don't especially intendance. Dick'southward time equally an hole-and-corner agent faking his death was never going to last forever, and it doesn't really matter how he got out of information technology. This volume feels like an intentional transition, like Seeley is trying to go along the change from hush-hush spy to full on superhero as seamless as possible. And that's fine, just every bit information technology's fine that this l I acknowledge that I bailed on Grayson function fashion through the series, so I'm non entirely sure how Dick got to where he is. The truth is that I don't peculiarly intendance. Dick's time every bit an undercover amanuensis faking his death was never going to terminal forever, and information technology doesn't really matter how he got out of it. This volume feels like an intentional transition, like Seeley is trying to keep the change from undercover spy to full on superhero equally seamless equally possible. And that'southward fine, just as it's fine that this looks like it might be the last chapter in the Owls. I think we were all pretty much done with those guys anyways, right? The offset couple of issues are fine, if not exciting, but things outset to get interesting when Dick teams upward Raptor. In fact, it seemed like every event was an improvement on the previous. This isn't the best Rebirth book I've read so far, but it'southward solid enough and there's promise for futurity bug. ...more
♛Vanessa♛ ÏŸ Novel Nerd Faction
I really loved this. Nightwing is ane of my favorite characters and I really enjoyed seeing his grapheme growth in this. Not relying on Batman to guide him, and following his ain path. Making his ain decisions unhindered. I loved the story arc in this one. I really love when the stories are personal and reveal something about the character's by, equally this did. I loved the Raptor's character and where the writer went with information technology. And I always similar seeing Batgirl and Nightwing piece of work together, and so that I really loved this. Nightwing is one of my favorite characters and I really enjoyed seeing his character growth in this. Not relying on Batman to guide him, and following his own path. Making his own decisions unhindered. I loved the story arc in this one. I really dearest when the stories are personal and reveal something nigh the character's past, as this did. I loved the Raptor's grapheme and where the writer went with information technology. And I e'er similar seeing Batgirl and Nightwing work together, so that was an added bonus on this one. I did fangirl a lilliputian flake on the last folio. I tin't pass up a Bruce/Dick family moment. I recollect that this is a must read for Batman family fans. ...more
Will Robinson Jr.
Nightwing: "He Almost Killed you lot Bruce", You fell and...
Bruce: "Dick, I didn't autumn." "I jumped". "I jumped because I knew you would grab me".

What an ending, Right? Nightwing book 1: Better than Batman. DC Rebirth continues to piece of work some comicbook magic for DC Comics. This book was quite simply amazing. Tim Seeley continues to be in a groove coming off the incredible work he & Tom King started with Grayson, Volume ane: Agents of Spyral. It is amazing growth that Dick Grayson aka Nightwing has u

Nightwing: "He Near Killed you Bruce", You fell and...
Bruce: "Dick, I didn't autumn." "I jumped". "I jumped because I knew you lot would catch me".

What an ending, Right? Nightwing volume 1: Better than Batman. DC Rebirth continues to piece of work some comicbook magic for DC Comics. This book was quite merely amazing. Tim Seeley continues to be in a groove coming off the incredible work he & Tom King started with Grayson, Volume 1: Agents of Spyral. It is amazing growth that Dick Grayson aka Nightwing has under gone. He has been a sidekick, a superhero, a spy and found his way back to being Nightwing. I love the audacity of the title here, "Better than Batman". This I feel becomes very true as Seeley takes Grayson on a journey to becoming his own man. As Nightwing begins his almost dangerous assignment yet he is instructed by his mentor Batman to trust in himself and that he no longer needs a mentor. In this first volume of the series Nightwing must infiltrate one of the nigh secretive and dangerous organizations running Gotham, the Courtroom of the Owls, and destroy them from inside. This mission seems impossible and suicidal. Batgirl likewise thinks Nightwing has a death wish. He is not entirely alone on this mission as he is soon joined by a mysterious thief who works for the Court of the Owls called Raptor. Raptor has his ain plans to takedown the Owls and maybe bring Nightwing over to the night side also. Seeley uses a tight plot and activity to get into the head of what makes Nightwing tick. I actually enjoyed the artists squad's work on this volume. Fernandez pencils some neat fights and Sotomayor'south colors work well with the tone of the story. Seeley writes some great dialogue for the characters and the mystery of Raptor keeps you engaged up until the climatic end. I really enjoyed the moments with Batgirl and Damian. The ending to this arc was extremely satisfying. I can not look to read the next arc.

...more
Steve
I received this from Edelweiss and DC Comics in exchange for an honest review.

Wow, and so bad. No articulate plot that I tin see or follow.

Vinton Bayne
Mar fifteen, 2017 rated it information technology was amazing
I forgot how much I love Grayson. This definitely has me wanting to juggle effectually the comics I keep up with to make room for it.
William Aicher
Mar 26, 2018 rated information technology really liked it
Took a scrap to get into, merely eventually this story actually gelled. Some fantabulous exploration of Dick Grayson and how he lives in the shadow of his mentor, struggling to stand out and be his ain person (and hero). The strong story, along with some magnificent fine art panels, make this i definitely worth picking up - specially if you are a Batman devotee who'due south looking to see what's happening on the peripheries of the Batman world.

As before long as I finished, I went ahead and ordered the next collection of

Took a bit to get into, only somewhen this story really gelled. Some first-class exploration of Dick Grayson and how he lives in the shadow of his mentor, struggling to stand out and be his ain person (and hero). The strong story, along with some magnificent art panels, make this one definitely worth picking up - specially if you are a Batman devotee who's looking to see what's happening on the peripheries of the Batman world.

As soon equally I finished, I went ahead and ordered the adjacent collection of Nightwing stories.

Above all, honey seeing Dick back in the Nightwing suit. One of the definite highlights of the DC Universe.

...more than
Stewart Tame
Yet another "Volume 1" that isn't actually the beginning of the story. Information technology'due south the beginning of an arc, sure, only, if you don't know some of Nightwing's history going into this, you're going to have problems following it. Pretty much all I know of Dick Grayson'southward recent history is the descriptions of graphic novels from Goodreads listings. I know he was some sort of hole-and-corner agent for a while, and I vaguely retrieve reading the original Courtroom of Owls TP. And I also remember the debut of Nightwing a long Nevertheless another "Volume 1" that isn't actually the commencement of the story. Information technology's the beginning of an arc, sure, but, if you don't know some of Nightwing's history going into this, you're going to have bug following information technology. Pretty much all I know of Dick Grayson'southward recent history is the descriptions of graphic novels from Goodreads listings. I know he was some sort of secret agent for a while, and I vaguely recall reading the original Court of Owls TP. And I too remember the debut of Nightwing a long time agone in the pages of the New Teen Titans, but that's because I'grand equally old every bit the hills (provided that the hills in question commencement appeared 49 years ago.) So somebody new to comics, unacquainted with all of this background, is going to care about this book considering ....? I'yard all for continuity and all, but if y'all're going to call information technology "Volume ane, " some sort of summary for new readers would be squeamish.

As to the story ... eh. Information technology's neat, but nothing actually special. It's basically about Nightwing establishing his brand, showing the ways in which he is not like Batman. The volume does cease more strongly than it begins, simply information technology'southward pretty boilerplate superhero fare overall. Not great, not terrible ... ultimately not memorable, either. Read information technology if you like, but there are much better titles out there.

...more than
Danielle
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Read this review and more than on my blog.

I received a free re-create of Nightwing Volume ane: Improve Than Batman from DC Comics in exchange for my honest opinion.

Considering how I have not read any of Nightwing's previous books, I found information technology very easy to pick upwards where he was at the beginning.

The storyline is around the Parliament of Owls blackmailing Dick into working for them. We so follow him on a series of missions gear up by the Parliament of Owls and him trying to become into their organisation so that he can ta

Read this review and more on my web log.

I received a costless copy of Nightwing Volume i: Better Than Batman from DC Comics in exchange for my honest opinion.

Considering how I have not read whatsoever of Nightwing'south previous books, I institute it very easy to choice up where he was at the start.

The storyline is effectually the Parliament of Owls blackmailing Dick into working for them. Nosotros then follow him on a series of missions set by the Parliament of Owls and him trying to become into their organisation and so that he can accept them downward. Whilst a adequately simple plot, I still institute information technology very enjoyable with plenty plot twists to not make information technology boring. I practise find that sometimes, having a simple plot that only focuses on one matter (in this case Dick trying to accept down the Parliament of Owls) can benefit the story as it does not get bogged down by trying to do too much.

Although the storyline is an of import aspect of a comic book, a great story cannot brand upwards for bad artwork. Fortunately, for Nightwing Volume i, the artwork worked very well with the story. I was able to tell exactly what was going on, and it was piece of cake to focus on the right part of each panel (I practise have a tendency to jump panels if the artwork grabs my attention). If was to nitpick, so I would only complain virtually the facial expressions. I was able to tell what they were trying to become across but they occasionally just did not seem quite right. At present I am no creative person, then I cannot say what they should or should not change or even how they should do information technology; but if the facial expressions were more realistic and then for me this would have been almost perfect.

If you lot know that you do non similar Nightwing, then requite it a miss but well-nigh people will bask this.

...more
Chris Lemmerman
After the spectacular rollercoaster ride that was Grayson, Nightwing returns equally to the tights and Bat-Family, but he'due south not about to just go back to the usual superheroics, oh no. With the aftermath of Robin State of war weighing heavily on him, Nightwing sets out to take downward the Parliament Of Owls (an off-shoot of the Courtroom Of Owls with a more international bent), and along the way runs afoul of Raptor, a Talon-esque anti-hero with scary similarities to Dick himself.

Having Tim Seeley, 1 of the co-writ

After the spectacular rollercoaster ride that was Grayson, Nightwing returns equally to the tights and Bat-Family, merely he's not virtually to just go back to the usual superheroics, oh no. With the aftermath of Robin State of war weighing heavily on him, Nightwing sets out to take downwardly the Parliament Of Owls (an off-shoot of the Courtroom Of Owls with a more international bent), and along the way runs afoul of Raptor, a Talon-esque anti-hero with scary similarities to Dick himself.

Having Tim Seeley, one of the co-writers on Grayson for the majority of the run, behave on as writer for Dick is a no-brainer. He grasps Dick'southward voice and so well by this point, and the addition of Raptor to the story helps to explore some of what Grayson wasn't able to go into - how Batman'south influence has shaped who he is.

Javier Fernandez draws this arc, with Yanick Paquette cartoon the Rebirth issue. Fernandez's art is lithe and nimble, turning itself to all of the insane settings that Dick finds himself trapped in (like another Owl labyrinth, considering everyone loves those), and Paquette'southward interiors are always lovely.

Nightwing continues to blaze his ain path in the DC Universe with Rebirth, and if you liked what came before, you lot'll dear this as well, I expect.

...more than
Liz Janet
Nightwing is my favourite of the Bat-family unit, and I've been quite upset with the whole "he is an agent of Spyral" thing. He's not a member of Southward.H.I.E.L.D. for goodness sake! The indicate is, I am not a fan of where they took the character. Tim Seeley is a good author, and he did quite good with what he was given to work with, all the same, as a fan of Dick Grayson, information technology felt like a expose to have all that happened to him lead him down that specific character path. Lucky for me, most things have been retu Nightwing is my favourite of the Bat-family, and I've been quite upset with the whole "he is an amanuensis of Spyral" thing. He's not a fellow member of S.H.I.E.L.D. for goodness sake! The point is, I am not a fan of where they took the character. Tim Seeley is a expert writer, and he did quite good with what he was given to piece of work with, however, as a fan of Dick Grayson, information technology felt like a expose to have all that happened to him lead him down that specific grapheme path. Lucky for me, most things have been returned to the status quo, including him back on tights.

Dick is back home afterwards the catastrophe that was his life, however, an evil force is threatening to injure his family and friends, so he must leave over again and destroy the evil at his door. Poor Dick doesn't get a break, I but want him to be happy afterwards the catastrophe that is his life.

It does seem that they are trying to be very aggressive with this series, and I am not so sure that what they are trying to attain volition exist the all-time for the graphic symbol. BUT I BELIEVE IN THIS STORY!

...more than
Scott
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Can't judge a book past its cover . . . I mean title? Nightwing, Vol. ane was meliorate than some of the diverse Batman collections I've devoured in the last six months. While I've occasionally had some difficulty jumping cold into DC's Rebirth titles without the full backstory (ahem! Batgirl, just earlier this calendar week) this one had sufficient expositionary dialogue / thought balloons that information technology did not leave me feeling lost. I was kind of intrigued past Raptor and the after 'reveal' with (view spoiler)[his co Can't judge a book by its cover . . . I mean title? Nightwing, Vol. ane was better than some of the various Batman collections I've devoured in the last six months. While I've occasionally had some difficulty jumping cold into DC's Rebirth titles without the full backstory (ahem! Batgirl, merely earlier this calendar week) this one had sufficient expositionary dialogue / thought balloons that it did not leave me feeling lost. I was kind of intrigued past Raptor and the later 'reveal' with (view spoiler)[his connection to Grayson'due south family unit (hide spoiler)]. Then there's the concluding page exchange between characters . . . ...more
Molly™☺
January 15, 2022 rated information technology it was ok
30% | D | Meh

"Bite me, Turkeyhead"

Dick Grayson, having just finished an cloak-and-dagger mission as Amanuensis 37, dons the mantle of Nightwing in one case more and attempts to accept downwardly The Parliament of Owls

Cheesy, light and lacking substance, this is an unmemorable story which is a job to get through. I found information technology to exist incredibly boring, particularly when compared to the other comics I've been reading recently ( run across New X-Men & The Court of Owls ). Admittedly, there are a lot of telephone call-backs to Seeley'due south run of Gr

30% | D | Meh

"Bite me, Turkeyhead"

Dick Grayson, having simply finished an undercover mission as Agent 37, dons the mantle of Nightwing once more and attempts to take down The Parliament of Owls

Cheesy, light and lacking substance, this is an unmemorable story which is a chore to get through. I constitute it to exist incredibly boring, especially when compared to the other comics I've been reading recently ( encounter New 10-Men & The Court of Owls ). Admittedly, there are a lot of phone call-backs to Seeley'south run of Grayson, a series which I never finished due to the absolute slog that is the second book, and then maybe I'g not getting the well-nigh out of this and it's due a re-read once I finish Grayson. Dick doesn't feel like the graphic symbol that I savor reading about ( where are the quips, where is the charm? ), and nor do Bruce, Damien, or Barbara for that matter, they all merely seem...off. Information technology feels incorrect to give this the same rating I gave Gotham Loftier, just at least that falls into the Riverdale category of being so bad that it tin be considered good. This is merely downright bland and doesn't deserve the character of Nightwing who can absolutely shine with the right author and plot.

...more
Kay
Jan 14, 2018 rated it liked it
This is what we ended Grayson for? :'(
A weak start with an ironic title.

Not a fan of the art, not a fan of Dick here, not a fan of Raptor or the Parliament of Owls. The only thing I really did similar here was Bruce (meet, ironic).
The silver spoon was way over the tiptop, fifty-fifty for some Nightwing villain shtick.

Some Dick/Bruce bromance quotes:
Nightwing: "...Bruce...gave me everything he could, so I wouldn't become him. He saved me. And it saved him."
and Bruce: "Dick. I didn't fall. I jumped. I jumped b

This is what we ended Grayson for? :'(
A weak start with an ironic championship.

Not a fan of the art, not a fan of Dick hither, not a fan of Raptor or the Parliament of Owls. The but thing I really did similar here was Bruce (encounter, ironic).
The silvery spoon was way over the top, even for some Nightwing villain shtick.

Some Dick/Bruce bromance quotes:
Nightwing: "...Bruce...gave me everything he could, so I wouldn't become him. He saved me. And it saved him."
and Bruce: "Dick. I didn't fall. I jumped. I jumped because I knew you'd grab me."
<3 <three <3 <three <3 <three <3

...more
Ivy
v 🌟

Dick Grayson starts using his superhero identity, Nightwing, again. The Parliament of Owls has him practice missions where he is partnered with Raptor.

Batman and Batgirl also brand cameos.

I thought information technology was proficient that Nightwing is back. Glad to run into them have downward the Parliament of Owls. Also liked seeing Dick with Babs and Bruce.

Parker J
Oct 22, 2021 rated it really liked it
This might be more than of 3 and i/2 star read just for Dick Grayson I'll bump that up to 4 This might be more of 3 and 1/2 star read only for Dick Grayson I'll bump that up to 4 ...more
Joseph
Jun 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I dear Nightwing as a character, and although I'k a bit tired of the usual friction between him and Batman, this Rebirth volume sends our intrepid hero out on a mission to take down the Parliament of Owls (ugh, and then tired of them already), finding a new partner, Raptor, along the way. Seeley throws in some references and characters from the late, lamented Grayson series, so that was a huge plus, and gives some new dimension over the relationship between Nightwing and Batgirl.

The art was ok, non su

I dearest Nightwing as a character, and although I'1000 a fleck tired of the usual friction between him and Batman, this Rebirth volume sends our intrepid hero out on a mission to take down the Parliament of Owls (ugh, so tired of them already), finding a new partner, Raptor, forth the style. Seeley throws in some references and characters from the late, lamented Grayson series, and so that was a huge plus, and gives some new dimension over the relationship betwixt Nightwing and Batgirl.

The art was ok, not super bully, and the scenes which also featured Robin (Damian Wayne) were a scrap whack, considering Damian has e'er been portrayed as a skinny child, but here he'southward kinda mesomorphic. Some of the fight scenes were a bit off, as well, just beingness a bit nit-picky hither.

I liked the Raptor character a lot and thought Seeley did a skillful job with the surprise catastrophe. I miss Nightwing as Grayson, but it's nice to see him back once more in his super-hero personal. Looking forward to the next volume.

...more than
Norman
Oct 27, 2016 rated it liked information technology
Still one consequence remaining, but I'll add this 1 anyway. I did enjoy the first part, issues 1-4, where Nightwing is hush-hush. Information technology wasn't astonishing or groundbreaking, but as a transition from Agent Grayson, information technology felt nice and easy and familiar. I am not enjoying this current section with all the Bat family nonsense and monsters and Hugo Strange and who knows what else. I want to read nearly Nightwing and the man beneath that mask. Not virtually a team-upward with Batman and Batwoman and all these new Gotham Yet one issue remaining, only I'll add this one anyway. I did enjoy the first part, bug 1-4, where Nightwing is undercover. It wasn't amazing or groundbreaking, but as a transition from Amanuensis Grayson, it felt nice and easy and familiar. I am not enjoying this current department with all the Bat family nonsense and monsters and Hugo Strange and who knows what else. I want to read about Nightwing and the man beneath that mask. Non about a squad-upward with Batman and Batwoman and all these new Gotham people I have no feelings for. ...more
Wing Kee
Sep 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
Hmmm...okay...

World: The fine art for the most part is fine, it'south kinetic and the sense of motility and Dick diving into situations is well done. I'm a scrap irked by the non action panels though cause they don't actually connect and flow well. The world building, it'due south a mixed bag. I don't heed going into the past for Dick cause his Circus stuff is fun and interesting, but the stuff with Raptor was fairly half baked and a throwaway and beingness that big a part of his world plainly the end and the stakes we

Hmmm...okay...

Globe: The art for the well-nigh part is fine, information technology'southward kinetic and the sense of move and Dick diving into situations is well washed. I'm a bit irked by the non activity panels though cause they don't really connect and flow well. The world edifice, it's a mixed bag. I don't mind going into the past for Dick cause his Circus stuff is fun and interesting, simply the stuff with Raptor was fairly half baked and a throwaway and being that large a part of his world plainly the end and the stakes were not that high. Having Dick exist Nightwing again and having a slice of the DCU for him to play with is as well good but we were also bogged downward by his by in the New52 and we needed to get away from a lot of that. Finally the Owls, Snyder created an awesome enemy and ane of the about original and collect ideas for Batman in the last couple of years and DC is slowly and surely making them into a joke like Cobra...shame.

Story: It's choppy. I like Seeley and his Revival series was skillful (except the ending) then I was wondering what he would do with Nightwing (I didn't read his Grayson stuff...). The idea backside the story is okay and interesting and getting into the Grayness Son stuff I liked, but could the Owls be more stupid???!!! Pairing him and Raptor together and non monitoring them and protecting themselves...these Owls exist impaired. Takes me away from the story. The roundabout side quest laden story until the Raptor stuff actually comes home does the story become interesting. The stuff with Raptor could have been done so much improve. Such a waste product. I will say the last line from Bruce did give me all the feels.

Characters: Dick is fine hither, some may call him stupid merely this is what he'south similar, he trusts people and his weakness is his empathy...well not a weakness but it'south a part of him. This Dick is fine but I want more fourth dimension to reorient him more towards the Chuck Dixon version delight. Raptor, interesting premise so much potential wasted considering he was crammed into the Owl story and the demand to bargain With Grayson baggage. Could we not have met Raptor in Bludhaven as a new vigilante and slowly done something similar a Tarantula story that eventually 12 bug downward the route pb to a huge showdown between Dick and him?! The Owls are stupid!!!

I am distressing I'm ever gonna compare any writer of Nightwing with Chuck Dixon cause that's what I grew upwardly with and it for me the standard of what a good Nightwing run is done.

Onward to the adjacent book!

...more
Cale
Feb 08, 2020 rated it liked it
It's sometimes baffling to see merely how much a character's talents and abilities can vary, fifty-fifty in a unmarried volume. There are times here where Dick is beaten to a lurid by someone who doesn't seem similar he should exist able to, and other times where he'south pulling off legendary feats like they're nothing. It's all in service to the story, but it's a petty bothersome.
Rebirth finds Nightwing no longer working for Spyral, or Batman; instead he's doing a long-term hush-hush operation against the Parliame
It's sometimes baffling to see just how much a character's talents and abilities tin can vary, even in a single volume. There are times hither where Dick is beaten to a pulp by someone who doesn't seem like he should exist able to, and other times where he's pulling off legendary feats like they're nothing. Information technology's all in service to the story, only it's a niggling bothersome.
Rebirth finds Nightwing no longer working for Spyral, or Batman; instead he'southward doing a long-term cloak-and-dagger operation against the Parliament of Owls, blackmailed into it by threats to Damian. He gets partnered with Raptor to make him more evil... really.
But Raptor has his own plans, and obsessions, and of form all of that spills out, in a manner that doesn't piece of work out particularly great for anyone. In that location'south a lot of action, some 'surprising' twists, and a number of familiar faces making cameos (some to better consequence than others).
The story seems to motion likewise fast - at that place was a home invasion into something akin to the Winchester House that should have been longer than it was, and there'southward a lot of globetrotting and jetsetting, some of which actually seemed unnecessary. While it's good to see Dick more than confident in existence himself again, this story doesn't actually seem to want that to exist the example. And the political factors that define the villains are getting a lilliputian tired (especially considering how pointed some of the symbolism is, especially in the last two collected issues). While Raptor has some interesting ideas invested into him, they kind of go spoiled by the end of this volume.

It's a decent plenty read and has some good moments, but this isn't going to be seen every bit a vital era of Nightwing's life, in part because it'southward too grounded in picking up pieces from all of his other lives. It'southward got some good fine art but cypher spectacular. It's just an all-around decent entry into Rebirth.

...more
Albert
Mar 14, 2017 rated information technology liked it
Nightwing, Volume 1: Amend Than Batman by Tim Seeley is the return of Dick Grayson to the Batman Universe as the superhero Nightwing. The DC Universe has changed and the issues (basically the identity reveal and faked death of Dick Grayson) that forced the character of Nightwing into hiding are no longer a role of the electric current reality. Now Dick Grayson has returned and can once again be Nightwing.

While this may be applauded past Nightwing fans, information technology does come as something every bit a slap to fans of the co

Nightwing, Volume 1: Improve Than Batman by Tim Seeley is the return of Dick Grayson to the Batman Universe equally the superhero Nightwing. The DC Universe has changed and the issues (basically the identity reveal and faked death of Dick Grayson) that forced the grapheme of Nightwing into hiding are no longer a part of the electric current reality. Now Dick Grayson has returned and can in one case once again be Nightwing.

While this may be applauded by Nightwing fans, it does come equally something as a slap to fans of the comic Grayson. This comic was actually ane of the better written successes of the New 52 slew of comics. Dick Grayson as a Bondesque super spy for an organization that may or may not be on the side of good, was a very good book. Hopefully the new Nightwing comic volition maintain some of the elements of Grayson to encourage that readership to follow the new run.

This new book has Nightwing teaming up with a questionable ally, breaking dates with Barbara Gordon and joining the Courtroom of Owls to solve a mystery that has its roots in the history of both himself and the Batman. We become a glimpse of a far more than tragic Dick Grayson, someone whose fourth dimension away the New 52 run, has him playing grab up with relationships and his place in the Batman Universe. Which is okay since you never get the sense that Dick wants to be function of this Universe. No we kickoff to see a Dick Grayson who is fix to come into his own.

Nightwing is a good book, it runs on the periphery of the Batman Universe but still does not fix Dick Grayson gratis to be his own man. In Nightwing he is still in the shadow of Batman, he is yet the outset Robin. This is something that the Grayson books gave him a chance to be. His own man. The writing is good and the artwork potent merely it will be sometime before we run across if this run is strong enough to win over Grayson fans.

...more
Macky Santiago
One of the best ones out there

nightwing fan from the teen titans days here. So really more of a Dick Grayson fan than anything else. This is both a solid add-on to Catechism as it is to the lore of Grayson. Hits all the right bat family beats. It even echoes a favorite scene from the pre-52 red robin arc I love and then much that solidifies Grayson as 1 of the hearts of not THE heart of th bat family.

Basma
Feb 03, 2019 rated it liked it
I enjoyed the start and the end of the story. The centre function felt like information technology was dragging a picayune bit and I thought I wouldn't continue with the series merely by the end of it I inverse my mind. I notwithstanding want to know more about Nightwing.
Eri
Aug 24, 2017 rated it really liked information technology
I added the wrong one before and then....
Jesse A
Tim Seeley is a comic book creative person and writer known for his work on books such equally G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero, The Dark Elf Trilogy, Batman Eternal and Grayson. He is also the co-creator of the Image Comics titles Hack/Slash[1] and Revival, equally well equally the Dark Horse titles, ExSanguine and Sundowners. He lives in Chicago.

Related Articles

With more than four.75 million votes cast and counted, the 13th Almanac Goodreads Option Awards are now official. Launched in 2009,...

Welcome back. Only a moment while we sign yous in to your Goodreads account.

Login animation

DOWNLOAD HERE

Posted by: walkerwhavillat.blogspot.com

Post a Comment for "Nightwing Vol. 1: Better Than Batman Download UPDATED"